Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

This morning's breakfast was perfect for fall. Pumpkin Pie Pancakes.  I would tell you how good they were--but I just can't really. And I didn't get a photo of them. We ate them too quickly.  The texture was amazing--moist--like a pancake, but almost like pumpkin pie, too. And I made fresh whipped cream as a treat.

PUMPKIN PIE PANCAKES

3 Cups Whole Grain Pancake Mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
6 Tablespoons melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Mix batter thoroughly and cook on your griddle!  They have a more "moist" texture, so they will take a bit longer to "set up" than regular pancakes, but that's what makes them like pumpkin pie!

Serve with butter, warm syrup, and top with whipped cream. Or just skip the syrup!  I added chopped walnuts to mine!

THANKSGIVING 2013 UPDATE:  Here is a wonderful Thanksgiving Recipe Link-up hosted on the blog of Cari Donaldson. I just made her "Breakfast Biscuit Casserole" our planned Thanksgiving Breakfast.

AND, I just read her fabulous new book, "Pope Awesome and Other Stories." It was a blessing to read it, and that's an understatement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment