Monday, September 23, 2013

Teaching Kids about the Attributes of God

I somehow stumbled upon this helpful link yesterday, through a site called "Proverbial Homemaker". It is a lesson for young ones going over the attributes of God, and I like some of the ways the author explains things for young minds.

I had just decided to take a break in our OT History Bible lessons to focus perhaps on Proverbs a bit, but I like this idea better for my littles.  One of the most helpful books I have ever read is "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A.W. Tozer, which expounds on the attributes of God. I know learning some of these things will help my children in their faith! How good is it for our children to understand what it means that God is Holy, He is LOVE, He is all knowing, eternal, all-powerful, sovereign, unchanging, truth, everywhere, merciful, faithful, and just.

I think we'll run through these Attributes of God with the 4, 5, and 8 year old boys, and just do an extra little session with the 8yo so he can plot all the past year's OT history lessons on his history timeline (From Noah to Ruth).  It's a good place to "break."  When we pick back up again with OT History, it will be time for "Kings and Prophets." 


No comments:

Post a Comment