Monday, January 27, 2014

I Will Fear No Wildebeests

So, we are currently working on memorizing Psalm 23.  Each day, we copy the next verse into our Bible journals and discuss its meaning.

Today, of course, was:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me.

So, we discussed it. The boys copied it. Then I asked them to "illustrate" the verse based on our discussion of it.  Aram (8) drew the Shepherd David killing a bear. Oli (4) drew a bear.

Elon (5) drew a wildebeest. Or, more accurately, a picture of himself, wearing an orange jumpsuit, running and screaming away from a wildebeest, the sky filled with smoke and fire.  Obviously, it's the kid's worst nightmare. (?)  

The orange jumpsuit would be the nightmare for some of us.

In any case... I love homeschooling. Really. I do. It makes me smile every single day.


God bless you... and don't fear the valley of the shadow of death. He is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment